Roofing is one of the more difficult tasks of home remodeling. If you are looking for Astoria roofingservices in Queens, you will need to dedicate much of your time to making sure your roof is installed properly as this structure will be protecting your home from the elements. Roofing, however, as we all know, does not come cheap but you do have cheaper options available to you – like Rolled Roofing.
Rolled roofing may be the least difficult way to install a roof over your home. This kind of roofing, however, does come with a few setbacks and that your home must meet a few requirements before rolled roofing can be installed.
The common way to install roofing is through individual shingles. Rolled roofing is basically the same material in a thinner and longer form. Astoria roofing contractors will also offer various materials for this kind of roofing – such as saturated felt.
Before seeking out Astoria roofing services to install rolled roofing, you must make sure that your home fits the specifications, namely; the roof it is to be installed on must be low sloped.
This style of roof is normally used for work sheds, garages, or other structures that do not put much focus on aesthetics. The beauty in it though is that the low angle generally keeps it out of sight.
Finding good Astoria Roofing services may be quite challenging. The price will vary depending on the contractor but it will generally cost very little compared to your other options.
Here are the advantages and disadvantages of rolled roofing. Please take this information to heart before seeking out Astoria roofing services for rolled roofing.
- This is the cheapest kind of roofing you can find.
- In some instances, this is the only roofing option available to certain structures.
- Rolled roofing is very easy to install – hence will cost much less to have professionally done.
- It will provide ample protection against rain and heat.
- May lessen resale value of your home if poorly done.
- It comes in a limited range of colors and designs.
- Some consider it not as attractive or as comely as other roofing options.
- Rolled roofing may last between 6 to 10 years whereas other roofing materials can last a couple of decades or more if maintained properly.
Before dismissing rolled roofing as a viable option because of aesthetics alone, know that when it is installed properly by experienced Astoria roofing professionals, it can provide a visually pleasing roof with a continuous near-seamless design.
We provide a whole range of contracting services and we provide all types of emergency services such as roofing in NYC for residential and commercial.